● Must have reliable transportation to travel to the service site.
● Must be 18 years of age or older by your start date.
● Must have at least a high school diploma or recognized equivalent by your start date.
● Must be either a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
● Must pass mandatory pre-service background check.
● Must not have served 4 or more prior terms of service with AmeriCorps State and National programs.
● Speak, read, and write English fluently.
● Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Demonstrated experience with intermediate computer skills (word processing, internet, data entry, e-mail, comfort with database and software use, etc.).
● Desire to affect systems change at the ground level; ability to connect the small details to the bigger picture.
● Ability to build relationships and work with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
● Willingness to commit to a full term of service.
● Dedication to community service.
● Strong planning and time-management skills.
● Consistent follow-through.
● Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from site supervisor and program staff.
● Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics, and integrity.
Opportunity Corps will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant based on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.